This photo ended up being quite "true to the scene" which is pretty unusual for me, but there was so much going on that I decided to keep the processing to a minimum. The main work was done around getting the right balance between the color of the sky and the Aurora.
Like any of my Aurora shots I cooled down everything and brought back the clouds and Aurora, since cooling down changed their colors dramatically.
The next step was to bring out the red in the Aurora, and further cool and darken the sky.
Back to darkening sky, and then light painting on the actual Aurora to get a better separation.
Last but not least, I opened the shadows in the foreground just a bit, and then HSL work on the sky (you see by now that the sky was mainly worked on) to get a better hue.
You can find the bigger version here: http://www.brunovais.com/air/h469d53ff#h469d53ff
Please feel free to reach out with any questions. This was a short post/not a lot of steps compared to the other ones, nevertheless it was quite fun. The post-processing lessons page can be found here: http://www.brunovais.com\instruction
No comments posted.